With the coronavirus scare that is ramped up world wide, making money from home ideas are needed. This article is going to help explore some of the many ways to stay safe, as well as make some side cash, or at the very least, get yourself set up to make some serious coin in the days/weeks/months ahead. Whether teen or baby boomer, or anywhere in between, added income is always welcome.
Many of us have time working in our favor right now, being told to stay home unless you are an essential service. Many of us are practicing social distancing. And many of us want to know there is some financial security in our future. Multiple streams of income has never been so needed as it is these days. Here are some ideas for consideration.
Making Money From Home – 3 “In Isolation” Job Ideas
First, let’s explore ways to make money from your home without having to leave home, shall we? Most people have access to the Internet, and a computer, or even a smartphone. Some money making ideas from home revolve around keeping your distance. If you are self isolating, you can still get some income flowing! Let’s take a look at some ways to work in isolation.
- Open an online retail store – this does take a bit of work to set up, and the money is not, in most cases, instantaneous. Yet,, for the long term, this could definitely be lucrative. More social distancing people are shopping online to avoid the line ups for products and to adhere to the 6 foot distancing rule. Why not take advantage of the online shopping and open your own store?
- Become an online tutor – again, with schools shut down, some parents are concerned that their children will “fall behind” what’s necessary for academic advancement. Some parents, as well, feel the time their children spend at home can include some sort of schooling, for a few hours each day. Whether you have a teaching degree, or merely know an awful lot about a subject, your knowledge and expertise could be in high demand now, and in future.
- Write reviews and articles [like this one]. Many people are turning to the online world, and often, English is not their first language. They still have ideas to get across. You could get paid to write, especially if you have a good grasp of the English language.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some links and banners within this post are affiliate links. When you click on them, I may receive a small compensation. It helps fund my online business.
Making Money From Home – 3 “No Isolation” Job Ideas
Now, let’s explore a different set of making money from home ideas, that have nothing to do with the Covid19 pandemic. We all have a friend or a friend of a friend who is “making it”, an entrepreneur. A small business owner, or someone who is self-employed. Here are some ways that could be worth taking a second look.
- Write a Children’s Book. Now this may sound scary, but really, it shouldn’t. Writing for children can be as easy as telling a story from your past, only writing it down. Children all over the world enjoy being read to, and writing a book or two could be in you. This self publishing article on Wikipedia could help steer you in the correct direction.
- Become a Dog Walker. Exercise, fresh air, communing with nature, what’s not to love? Many people have ‘fur babies’, and they need their exercise. Establish yourself as a reputable dog walker, and get a client base, you then have an ongoing income, not merely a “one off”.
- Become an Affiliate Marketer. Now this is a shameless plug for my favourite internet marketing related service, Wealthy Affiliate. You can learn more about it here, and I will leave it at that.
Making Money From Home – 3 “After Isolation” Job Ideas
No one knows when the coronavirus pandemic will abate, and life can get back to some semblance of normal. Believing that life will return to a new normal, here are 3 ideas for making money from home, whether in or out of isolation.
- Renting out a room in your home. Whether by the day, week, or longer, if you have a spare room and love to have company, this could be right up your alley, so to speak. Establish your ground rules, sign up with reputable online companies, like https://www.airbnb.ca/ [I am in Canada, so it defaults to dot ca].
- Tutoring from your home. This is another way to utilize your home to bring in some extra income. According to Wikipedia, tutoring from within your home is usually fulfilling a need for test preparation, or a specific subject. Especially if you have a good grasp of the English language, you could become an online tutor.
- Teach English as a Second Language. Travel and teaching English, getting a TESOL certificate. This is the job for those of us who have a good command of the English language, who love to travel, and who want to teach. I happen to have my TESOL, and I have no University training. Achieving my TESOL Certificate as a “lay person” means that I can apply for a job teaching English as a Second Language through the company. possibly receive a teaching contract in another country, teaching others, and seeing more of the world.
Making Money From Home – Some Final Thoughts
Fear of the unknown can be a driver, or can be a deterrent. Have an entrepreneur mindset, [as you search for ways to make money from home, and not be an employee, you are already thinking like an entrepreneur.] One hallmark of a good entrepreneur – they help others to be successful.
Look outside yourself to see where you can become a solution, for yourself or others. Make “helping others” your priority. Make it as inexpensive as you can, for most people are searching for ways to make money online because they need money. Maybe even find offers that are free to join, like the Wealthy Affiliate program I spoke about earlier, of which I am a member. Its no cost to join. A great community, and a lot of education.
As always, leave me a comment if you have any other ideas on making money from home. Thanks for reading!